It corrects security breaches.
Update 5.0.4 is a minor one.
We also took the opportunity of this release to correct a few bugs of version 5.0.2 and add a new updating script. Details at the end of this message.
The update is easy, you'll just have to download the whole package and the updating script (see http://www.alexguestbook.net/e_downl.html), then follow instructions given in the "documentation" folder of the archive.
- Fixed several vulnerabilities and potential security problems (many thanks to the Zenk Security community http://www.zenk-security.com/).
- Script compatible with PHP 5.3. Attention: Version 5.0.3 is the latest version of AlexGuestbook to support PHP 4.x.
- Script compatible with MySQL up to 5.5
- Fixed the logout function of the administrators (removes the session from the database).
- Improved search for script updates
- Added a link "Back to the guestbook" on the login page to the book administration
- Fixed the overview of a skin when the option "include" is enabled.
- Copyright modification.
- Improved language detection.
- Deleted "junk" characters in various files
- Availability of an updating script for easier updates.
- Fixed a bug in v5.0.3: depending on MySQL version, the administrator account wasn't created on setup
- Copyright image: dimensions scaled down, transparent background.